cable extender

Mercury Outboard  general discussion

cable extender

Postby kirkp » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:32 pm

I have a cable extender, case only. I thought that there might be a breakdown in the white papers but wasn't able to find it. Anyone have a breakdown or some way to identify the missing components?
Thanks
Kirk
kirkp

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Re: cable extender

Postby dave bernard » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Check Ebay there is one in pieces .
4 brass screw in guides and inside 2 looks like a long nut that the wire fits in and is held in with 4 Allen head screws to hold the wire.
EBAY https://www.ebay.com/itm/160975287765    this should help.
dave bernard
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: cable extender

Postby kirkp » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Thanks Dave. I had looked at that one before but was trying to figure out how it assembles. The brass guides don't appear to have threads large enough to screw into the ends of the body which I was assuming they did. I thought at one time I saw something in the white papers but sure can't dig it up now. Not a big deal, I just have the body parts but missing everything else and was just killing time. It's not like I need it for anything.
Kirk
kirkp

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Return to John's Old Merc "General Forum"