Ultimate parts site

Mercury Outboard  general discussion

Ultimate parts site

Postby mercules » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:55 am

Just spent 1/2 hr. searching this site, it has a lot of parts - bearings, coils, points, Carter floats ; including Mercruiser!
http://stores.outboardparadise.com/bran ... t=featured

Moderator Note: Site/Store is owned by a JOMS member here.
Let's fix it now - before we launch the boat.
mercules

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: Ultimate parts site

Postby Wyo307 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:12 pm

I have ordered from them a couple of times. The owner is good at responding to questions and shipping quotes quickly. Also fairly quick shipping from them as well. I just got a package in the mail from them last week.
Wyo307

1 year of membership

Postby zul8tr » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Before ordering call them on the tele for details on any thing they are selling. I have ordered some things and when a wrong thing was sent they took it back with full refund. I think I had to pay return shipping. Some of their prices are up there and IMO too high, they probably will bargain if reasonable at it.
SW Orlando, Fla
Fast Race Boats & cars

"If all the economists were laid end to end, they'd never reach a conclusion," George Bernard Shaw
"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
zul8tr

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby AU52N » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:56 am

I do not understand the mentality of people that want to bargain the price down.  If the price quoted is two high do not buy it.  When I list something for sale I have figured in the cost of the item that I paid, the storeage cost, the cost of money and the shipping and handling cost.  Cost of an item is also influenced by the scarcity of the item, we purchase some items with the intent that the item is an investment that will pay a dividend in the future so we use that as a way to fulfil our anticipation of profit.  Many items we sell are based upon what we pay for an item plus a percentage to compensate us for our investment and time to pick up the items and our handling cost.

When we buy a collection of parts or motors we set a value of what is offered and consider what they can be sold at, at that point we make a good offer to the seller and if he accepts it,  which has happen all but one time, we give him or her cash on the spot.  Our largest purchase of parts, tools and engines was close to $85,000 10 years ago and we still have not gone thru the entire purchase.

David
AU52N

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Return to John's Old Merc "General Forum"