lazy mans motor toter

Mercury Outboard  general discussion

lazy mans motor toter

Postby outboard-rob » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:19 am

It's wintertime and I get bored very easily, so the other night I was in the garage enjoying a beverage and I thought to my self how can I make it easier to move my outboards from the basement to the detached garage? Tired of pushing the common motor cart this it what I welded up, works beautifully and a lot less strain on this fat old man. I'll be 52 in May and it's time to start working smarter not harder. I have yet to paint it and sorry for displaying an Evinrude on it but it was the only outboard I had in the shop.........Rob
Attachments
IMG_1895.JPG
No more pushing this contraption !!!
IMG_1893.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG
IMG_1891.JPG
outboard-rob

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: lazy mans motor toter

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:43 am

thats funny,  I do that too and I also launch my smaller boats with my lawn tractor

didnt jeff foxworthy say .

if you move you boat around with a lawn tractor ........you might be a redneck   :oops:
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby outboard315 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:04 am

It doubles as a flood recovery mower.

I almost could have used that this past year, your lawn is wet when the blades slow down because they are trying to throw water and the water touches the rims on the mower.
Brandon Cocola
Upstate NY
Mark 20, Mark 30H, WA25E, KG7H
14' Texas Maid, 12' Sea King, 12' Sea Nymph
outboard315

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Tom Brockmeyer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:09 pm

Well there ya have it!    ...even a JohnDeere looks better with a Mercury on it!
Lake Lanier, 30miles North of Atlanta, GA
Old Mercury outboard fan... Especially the fast ones!
Mercury/MerCruiser,  Evinrude/Johnson & VolvoPenta Technician (After my suit & tie wearing career was done!)
Tom Brockmeyer
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Postby krazy karl » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:51 pm

Michael wrote:thats funny,  I do that too and I also launch my smaller boats with my lawn tractor

if you move you boat around with a lawn tractor ........you might be a redneck   :oops:

I have used my lawn tractor to move boats for years. It has enough power to maneuver a 22' pontoon boat. 23 hp Craftsman with removable mower deck. I use it as a snow plow in the winter. I just took the chains and plow off it yesterday and moved one of the boats to get it ready for the time trials. It will probably snow like a big dog now.
kk
55H, 1958 HydroSwift (looks like a 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser with twin MK 55's, 2 KD4's, KF7, Seagull, QD13, Grand Prix Sport C raceboat with 40 HP Tohatsu.  Quincy, Calif
krazy karl
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:08 pm

ahhh....Tom .....thats not a Mercury
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Postby Tom Brockmeyer » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Michael wrote:ahhh....Tom .....thats not a Mercury

Right!  But it would OBVIOUSLY look better with a Merc on it, though.

Get ready guys; 1500J will be along soon and post a picture of his Ford garden tractor moving inline six engines!
Lake Lanier, 30miles North of Atlanta, GA
Old Mercury outboard fan... Especially the fast ones!
Mercury/MerCruiser,  Evinrude/Johnson & VolvoPenta Technician (After my suit & tie wearing career was done!)
Tom Brockmeyer
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:46 pm

krazy karl wrote:
Michael wrote:thats funny,  I do that too and I also launch my smaller boats with my lawn tractor

I have used my lawn tractor to move boats for years. It has enough power to maneuver a 22' pontoon boat. 23 hp Craftsman with removable mower deck. I use it as a snow plow in the winter. I just took the chains and plow off it yesterday and moved one of the boats to get it ready for the time trials. It will probably snow like a big dog now.
kk

I tried to move my 26ft center console & 100hp merc fishing boat but the tounge weight alone made it look like the mower was pulling a wheelie...I bet I looked like a redneck then :lol:
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Postby shep72 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:39 pm

That's some pretty funny stuff!
shep72

Postby 1500J » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Here ya go. It does work well.  I have 100 lbs I hang off the front of this tractor. I can move my dump trailer around with a light load picking up sticks and stuff.   I can pick up about 400lbs in the short setting and move it around, but thats squatting the tires pretty decent.

Wish I had it 15 years ago.  My back would not be as bad.

C
Attachments
FORD.OUTBOARD.LIFT.JPG
60-66-76-89-93-99
1500J
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Return to John's Old Merc "General Forum"