Green tanks compatibility question

Mercury Outboard  general discussion

Green tanks compatibility question

Postby mark 55 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:59 pm

I often see green gas tanks for sale, at swap meets,etc Many sellers say they will fit a number of motors but I am hesitant to believe it. I am not very familiar with the design differences (small vs large gas caps, etc) and am finding it hard to determine fit. For example: will ke4 tanks fit kg4 models? How about ke7/kf7/kg7/kh7? Are they all interchangeable?

Also, regarding the gas caps, I purchased a gas cap that was supposed to fit my kg4 (mine had a huge cork in it when purchased) but alas it was too small. It was a green one with a "k" on it. I started thinking maybe the tank on the motor is not correct and maybe came off a ke7 or something.

Any help/insight appreciated!
Thanks!
Scott
People in a hurry to get married should be trusted as much as people eager to get elected.
mark 55

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Re: Green tanks compatibility question

Postby dave bernard » Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 pm

3 size tanks

1 mark 5 SMALL
2 mark 7 ke4 MEDIUM
3 20 cube k models and kg4. LARGE

EARLIER HAD SMALL CAPS WITH SMALL FILTER.
LATER HAD LARGER CAPS WITH THE HEX FILTER.
dave bernard
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Return to John's Old Merc "General Forum"