Private message me your answer
We will post winner in 48hrs or when a correct answer is posted

Correct answer wins a JOMS boat bumper "Floating Key Fob"
grnjoms.jpg

WINNER........    BillW
WP_006532.jpg
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: Quizz    **Who Am I ** WINNER **

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Answer.......  Black Max             ONLY 1 CORRECT ANSWER....  icon_clap.gif  BillW
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Postby Tom Brockmeyer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Lenny Jaeger was a dealer in Arkansas... And he was "Black Max".   He would be nearly 80yrs old this year.  I knew he was a real person, but just grabbed a little info off the internet and posted it below.
Tom

Lenny Jaeger, aka Black Max, was the owner of Oakland Marine, in Mountain Home, Arkansas, where Mercury was performing a photo shoot, and Lenny was used to drive a couple boats. They rest, as they say...is history. Lenny is still is alive and well, enjoying life with his many kids, grandkids & great grandkids, living just down the road, from his old original Oakland Marine.

Mercury Marine's Stars;  "Lenny Jaeger"

This guy just had too much credibility, like someone who might make sense when he spoke, like a mechanical engineer or similar type with whom communication is harder than with the dead. They should have used Captain Morgan and three wenches.

Lenny Jaeger got his start with Mercury by chance. He happened to be there when the advertising guys needed someone to drive a boat for them. They liked him, how he handled himself and the boat and offered him a job. He knew motors (having had worked on them and owned many) and knew how to handle a boat. He traveled all over the US and into Canada with Mercury doing advertising for them. He got to know the racing team and many of the guys who worked for Mercury. Filmed commercials on the Gulf and had fun doing it. It was his profile that was on the original Black Max outboards said Christine
Lake Lanier, 30miles North of Atlanta, GA
Old Mercury outboard fan... Especially the fast ones!
Mercury/MerCruiser,  Evinrude/Johnson & VolvoPenta Technician (After my suit & tie wearing career was done!)
Tom Brockmeyer
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Postby BillW » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:54 pm

thanks Michael.
BillW

Postby 208rooster » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:07 am

He kinda looks like that guy that does the painting on TV :?:
208rooster

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby outboard-rob » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:58 pm

Bob Ross ?? icon_eh.gif I kinda see that, Bob had more of a fro hairstyle................Rob
outboard-rob

Postby BillW » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:17 am

DSC03291 (2).JPG

Received it today, Michael.
I needed one for the Ace;  here it is.
Thanks,
Bill
BillW

Postby Michael » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:20 pm

happy you can use it Bill, just some cheapo $5 trinkets we had made up so that we could offer more off season entertainment with quizz's & prizes

[drinkingcheers.gif]
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Return to John's Old Merc "General Forum"